Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The MST Q&A: Matt Tramel

Matt Tramel Matt Tramel appears in our new Youth Theater production of THE RELUCTANT DRAGON, now playing at our Chelsea Market location. Get to know Matt a little more as he answers MST's Q&A ...


Full given name: Matthew Shane Tramel

Hometown: Mesquite, TX

Zodiac sign: Leo

Audition Monologue/Song: Haven't settled.

Special skills: Aquatic Sports (skiing/knee-boarding/tubing), Juggling, Running, Frisbee, Horseback Riding,Vehicle Maintenance, Whip Cracking, Hiking, Singing (Tenor), Swing Dancing, Basic Harmonica

First Houston show ever saw: I have a horrible memory.

Current show you have been recommending to friends: THE PIE DIALOGUES

Favorite show tune: Currently, "Purpose" from AVENUE Q.

MAC or PC? I own PC's, but I'm learning the ways of MAC.

Must-see TV show: Lost, 24, US of Tara, Firefly

Last good movie you saw: The Babysitters (more intriguingly interesting than "good")

Favorite board game: Balderdash or Apples to Apples

Performer you would drop everything to go see: Eddie Izzard

Pop culture guilty pleasure: Facebook

First stage kiss: I think it was when I was a freshman in college and played Anthony in THE HOUSE OF YES, but like I said before... I have a horrible memory.

Favorite post-show meal: A cold beer.

Worst onstage mishap: I'd have to say it was the time I was performing WORDS, WORDS, WORDS by David Ives with John Dunn at The Country Playhouse and he sliced open his hand on our tire swing (which was part of the set) while we were in the middle of a performance. He was a trooper though and saw it through until the end... clenching his fist the entire time with smears of blood painting the papers we used in our typewriters.

Worst costume ever: I once played a frog prince with an over-sized paper-mâché head that was lined on the inside with obituaries.

Favorite cereal: Honey Bunches of Oats

Who would play you in the movie? If not myself then maybe Tyson Ritter. I hear we look alike.

Worst job you ever had: I was not a big fan of mowing yards when I was growing up. Does that count?

TV or commercial gig you most enjoyed: Well, if we're sticking to only TV or commercial gigs and excluding film then I'd probably go with a Darque Tan commercial that I was featured in. No, I did not play the role of "before".

THE RELUCTANT DRAGON, from the book by Kenneth Grahame plays our Chelsea Market location Saturdays, now through April 4, 2009. For tickets, please call 713-524-6706.

And that's the word on the street!

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool. Enjoyed reading that. Matt is one of my favorite actors in Houston.