Saturday, March 7, 2009

And Now a Word From Our Audience

Here are just a few things our audience have been telling us...

"Once again you have spotted an amazing little play that deserves to be seen. The writing was so perfect!!! (I'm not ordinarily an exclamation point kind of guy.) Keep up the good work." - H.S.

"The Pie Dialogues was a real pleasure to see. Great acting, set design, and thoughtfully chosen '80s interlude music. Parts of this play really got to me, and I was quite impressed with the performance. Thanks to MST for a great show. Go see it!" - W.G.

"I gave up my Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang tickets to see [Pie Dialouges] instead!" - Friend of Board Member

Why don't you tell us what you thought? Leave a comment here on the blog!

And that's the word on the street! (Quite literally in fact!)

3 comments:

Main Street Theater said...

Not everyone was as thrilled! So, in the all fairness, here is a bit of another opinion.

"sorry. That was really bad... If the playwrites point wasn't that raising a child is sheer drudgery, that is sure how it comes off. And who would believe that the guy would really continue to love and want to remarry that woman!" - W.T.

Now, I think, based on chit chat at the theater, she is in the minority. Do you agree? What did you think of the show?

Main Street Theater said...

Another comment from the Facebook group:

"Incredible show! The acting was amazing and the direction BRILLIANT!!!!!" - P.R.

Main Street Theater said...

Another e-mail!

Thanks - I found The Pie Dialogues to be quite interesting, particularly since I have miraculously circumnavigated most of those scenarios. Of course, that probably made the play even more interesting to me than most. I did overhear a couple of patrons commenting that The Pie Dialogues was spot on, reminding them of many of their own life experiences. Everyone in attendance seemed to enjoy the play.

Strangely, I came very close to wearing a Betty Boop necktie to Pie, but could not imagine how it would have fit in with the play. Of course, now I wish I had. Little did I know.

R.W.