Thursday, December 17, 2009

The MST Q&A: Kathryn Noser

Kathryn NoserIf you have been to the Theater for Youth this year, you have seen Kathryn Noser. Whether playing a chicken, a snooty pre-teen or redefining what it means to be an angel in a Christmas pageant, she has lit up our Chelsea Market stage. This Spring you will enjoy Kathryn as the preening princess Lucille in JUNIE B. JONES AND A LITTLE MONKEY BUSINESS! Get to know a little more about Kathryn as she answers MST's Q&A...

Full given name: Kathryn Sue Noser

Hometown: Houston, TX

Zodiac sign: Scorpio

Audition Monologue/Song: an excerpt from My Mom is Trying to Ruin My Life, Song - Notice Me Horton (from Seussical).

Special skills: ummm... I can touch my tongue with my nose... Is that special? I also make really funny faces.

First Houston show ever saw: Way too long ago to remember what show - but it was at Company OnStage theatre.

Current show you have been recommending to friends: Spring Awakening, Wicked

Favorite show tune: Defying Gravity

MAC or PC? I like both, but currently have an iMac.

Most played song on your iPod: don't have an iPod!

Last book you read: The Best Christmas Pageant Ever

Must-see TV show: NCIS and So You Think You Can Dance

Last good movie you saw: The Blindside

Favorite board game: Pictionary

Performer you would drop everything to go see: Jason Mraz

Pop culture guilty pleasure: Reality TV

First stage kiss: Still waiting for my first kiss.

Favorite post-show meal: Burgers or Mexican food

Worst onstage mishap: I was a featured dancer in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in high school. My dance partner and I went up into a lift and he lost his balance and fell. Fortunately, he did his best to catch me and kept me from hitting the ground too hard.

Worst costume ever: I can't think of one I hated. I've had a lot of fun costumes... I seem to be bird-like. I've played a bird 3 times!

Favorite cereal: Cheerios

Who would play you in the movie? Sarah Jessica Parker

Worst job you ever had: In college I worked for the Great American Cookie Company, it was fun, but - I couldn't eat cookies for years after that!

TV or commercial gig you most enjoyed: Web commercial for Gordon & Elias Attorneys At Law - I got to work with my 6 year old niece on that commercial. It was so much fun to work together!

Tickets are on sale now for JUNIE B. JONES AND A LITTLE MONKEY BUSINESS. Don't forget you can get Two for One tickets on Target Family Day, Friday, March 19th at 11:30am!

And that's the word on the street!

No comments: