Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The MST Q&A: Eva De La Cruz

Eva De La CruzEva De La Cruz appears as Clara in THE HOUSE OF THE SPIRITS, making its English language premiere at our Rice Village location. Get to know a little more about Eva as she answers MST's Q&A...


Full given name: Eva Cristina De La Cruz

Hometown: born in Guayama, Puerto Rico!

Zodiac sign: Libra

Audition Monologue/Song: Lolana Aerobics from “Latins Anonymous”

Special skills: I play the flute, and speak Spanish fluently

First Houston show ever saw: “Dinner with Friends” at the Alley Theatre

Current show you have been recommending to friends: “In the Heights”

Favorite show tune: “For Good” from Wicked

MAC or PC? MAC, but I still have a PC at home (I know, I’m a traitor!)

Most played song on your iPod: “On My Way” from Violet

Last book you read: “House of Spirits” to prep for the show

Must-see TV show: The Office

Last good movie you saw: Pixar’s “Up”

Favorite board game: Taboo

Performer you would drop everything to go see: Bernadette Peters

Pop culture guilty pleasure: Spongebob Squarepants

First stage kiss: When I was in 9th grade, I performed in a new musical called “Relatively Speaking”, and was staged to kiss my boyfriend at the time. Needless to say, we had broken up by the time we opened but had to kiss anyway – awkward!

Favorite post-show meal: La Tapatia

Worst costume ever: I played Nell in “Endgame”, and was dressed in this horrible ratty nightgown and bonnet, made up with white and purple makeup to where I looked like a zombie, and shoved into a trashcan. Need I mention that Nell dies partway during the show and there was no way for me to get out of the trashcan until the end of the show??

Favorite cereal: Honey Bunches of Oats

Who would play you in the movie? Tia or Tamera Mowry (from “Sister, Sister”)

Worst job you ever had: waitressing at Bennigan’s (summer before I started college)

TV or commercial gig you most enjoyed: I had a lot of fun playing a bride in a friend’s commercial project for school – we mimicked the VW Jetta commercial (“Big Day”) where the bride’s true love shows up at the last minute.

THE HOUSE OF THE SPIRITS plays our Rice Village location through October 11, 2009. For tickets, please call 713-524-6706.

And that's the word on the street!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: