Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The MST Q&A: Claire Hart-Palumbo

Claire Hart-PalumboMain Street mainstay Claire Hart-Palumbo appears as Amy Griggs in BUT NOT GOODBYE, closing this weekend. Get to know a little more about Claire as she answers MST's Q&A...



Full given name: Claire Louise Hart (married name/Equity name Hart-Palumbo)

Hometown: Lexington, Texas

Zodiac sign: Taurus

Audition Monologue/Song: Lady Macbeth

Special skills: Twirling and roller skating

First Houston show ever saw: TUT's Oliver in 1974(?) at Miller outdoor theater.

Current show you have been recommending to friends: Cyrano de Bergerac at the Alley.

Favorite show tune: Crazy World (right now)

MAC or PC? Formerly MAC, currently PC because of work.

Most played song on your iPod: I don't own one.

Last book you read: The Secret Lives of Bees

Must-see TV show: Grey's Anatomy and The Starter Wife

Last good movie you saw: Road to Rodanthe, even though it got bad reviews.

Favorite board game: Trivial Pursuit

Performer you would drop everything to go see: Well, I would say Bruce Stringstein, but the last time he was in town I couldn't go because I was in rehearsal.

Pop culture guilty pleasure: QVC

First stage kiss: With a man? That is way too long ago. With a woman? 8x10 Glossy at the Group Theater.

Favorite post-show meal: WhataBurger

Worst onstage mishap: I shattered a wineglass in my hand in "Heidi Chronicles" and cut my palm. Joe Kuykendahl (spelling?) was playing opposite me. We were having a lover's quarrel at HIS WEDDING to someone else. I tried to hide the blood, he calmly pulled out his pocket handkerchief and tied it around my hand and never missed a beat. Several friends later asked us how we did the 'blood' effect. HAAAA

Worst costume ever: Split riding skirt as Belle Starr in "Wilde West", I looked like a semi-truck.

Favorite cereal: Special K with berries

Who would play you in the movie? Claire Danes as the young me and Judith Ivey as the current me, but only if she put the weight back on.

Worst job you ever had: cleaning hotel rooms.

TV or commercial gig you most enjoyed: Reliant commercial in a beauty shop.

BUT NOT GOODBYE, plays our Rice Village location through December 28, 2008. For tickets, please call 713-524-6706.

And that's the word on the street!

No comments: