Friday, October 10, 2008

The MST Q&A: Jennifer Gilbert

Jennifer GilbertJennifer Gilbert appears as the Pig in IF YOU GIVE A PIG A PARTY, starting public performances this week. Get to know a little more about Jennifer as she answers MST's Q&A...


Full given name: Jennifer Louise Gilbert

Hometown: Houston, TX

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius

Audition Monologue/Song: Varies depending on the specific audition. General go-tos are Catherine in Proof and the songs “Moonshine Lullaby” and “On the Other Side of the Tracks”

Special skills: singing “Anything Goes” in Mandarin Chinese

Current show you have been recommending to friends: August: Osage County

Favorite show tune: Changes with the seasons. Current faves: “How Glory Goes” from Floyd Collins and “Say it Somehow” from The Light in the Piazza

MAC or PC? I’m a PC.

Most played song on your iPod: “Warwick Avenue” and “Stepping Stone” by Duffy

Last book you read: I just finished all 9 Little House books; what an amazing series!

Must-see TV show: What Not to Wear and Project Runway (Buffy is my all-time fave though!)

Last good movie you saw: The Dark Knight

Favorite board game: Not quite a board game, but I am partial to Rummikub.

Performer you would drop everything to go see: Mary Louise Parker

Pop culture guilty pleasure: Rock of Love (seasons 1 and 2)

Favorite post-show meal: Chocolate shake or anything fried.

Worst onstage mishap: I was in a production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and we had a small pool as part of the set. Water was splashed from it in one of the scenes, and as I made an exit one night, I slipped and fell straight on my bum while still on stage. Embarrassing and painful.

Worst costume ever: Both times I have performed in I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change, I played Woman 2 who sings “Always a Bridesmaid”. The dresses are meant to be awful and the costume designer did not disappoint either time. The most recent incarnation was a peachy, off the shoulder dress, with puffy sleeves, a tight bodice, and ultra full skirt with lots of tulle. In order to make it more hideous, the designer added four colorful bows to the bodice and gave me a comb for my hair that was decorated with a maroon flower, maroon tulle, and colorful ribbons. I was tres chic!

Favorite cereal: Quaker Oatmeal Squares (gotta love brown sugar!)

Who would play you in the movie? Laura Linney

IF YOU GIVE A PIG A PARTY, from the series of books by Laura Numeroff plays our Chelsea Market location Saturdays, now through October 25, 2008. For tickets, please call 713-524-6706.

And that's the word on the street!

No comments: